Dog Owners - What shampoo do you use?

We've been having a difficult time getting rid of fleas on our dogs. We've tried a few flea shampoos, dish detergent and the little drops you put on their neck. They still have fleas. Not as many, but they're still there.

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Pets

• I've always used Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo.

You need to treat any pets in your house monthly and you will have to de-flea your house a couple of times and vacuum every day.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Did you de flea your house yet? That might be the reason they can't get rid of them. You house is infested.

Answer by louise2 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• If your dog has fleas, your house has fleas. You need to clean EVERYTHING.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• We use Dawn, but we tried some of the other expensive flea shampoos, and nothing worked. We finally had him flea dipped by the vet, and we use Frontline once a month.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I would dip the dogs, then visit the vet to get flea medication, you need to get some of that carpet cleaner with flea killer in it, and sprinkle it on the furniutre, and carpet, then vacum, wash everything in hot water. Dawn is not good for a dog's skin.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 1:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• If the dogs still have any fleas on them at all, there could be more eggs in your carpets and even in your lawn. Try Dawn, but you may have to get your house and yard sprayed again. Those eggs are murder to get rid of.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• We've already deflead the house. I was told to use Dawn, I need to buy some. I've used Palmolive. It got a majority of them off, but there's a few still on them.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Feb. 21, 2013