Switched at birth

If you found out your child was switched at birth and they are now 14, what would you do? Would you try to find your biological child? Switch them back or Get custody of your child and keep your baby that you have raised the last 14 years?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I would want to find my bio child, but I'm not giving my children to anyone.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I think I would like to know my real son and be part of his life but I adore the one I have now so I would not be able to switch them. the one I have now is my SON no matter what others may say.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:48 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Both children are old enough to make that decision for themselves.  I would like to find  my biological child. To get to know him/her.  But I would not force anything on the child.  Even though the child I raised was not mine biologically, I would want to keep him/her.

Now if it was different and we found out when they were babies. I would want  my child back.

Answer by louise2 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Depends on how I found out.
    I would do everything I could to keep the child I had raised. If it was possible, compatible, I would try to blend the two families so they could both hve two sets of parents who love them and have sisters, evne if they are not biologically.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:00 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Either way would be hard. Not only because I would want both children but because I realize that the other parents would also want both children. If they were older I would leave them alone but try and arrange visits to blend both families. I don't think it would be fair to the children to tear them from loving homes to put them in a home they don't know.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:21 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• if the kids were in their teens id find my bio. child and try to have a relationship with them.. as of right now if i found out my babies werent mine id probably keep it secret.. i wouldnt give them up blood or not and id be afraid of the other family wanting to switch.. id probably keep the baby i have and love and find and to know the other family prior to telling them...
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 1:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Been watching a little ABC family eh?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I would want to find my biological child and have some sort of relationship with her, particularly as she becomes an adult. But there's no way in hell I'd give up the child I had raised, and I wouldn't expect the other family to do that, either. Giving birth to a child is only the beginning of a long and loving story. Mama is the one who holds you when you're sick and cleans up the mess afterward, plans your birthday parties, makes you be nice to the other kids in the neighborhood so you grow up to have lots of friends and lots of fun, gets down on the floor and plays blocks, listens to your secrets, and so on and so on. You can't trade that bond for anything. It would be sad that it wasn't a bond with the child you gave birth to, but she would hopefully have that with the other woman who had raised her.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• lol no Kristi, its a story I read that happen in Russia,, I just changed the age.
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Feb. 21, 2013

• that would be a horrible siyuation i dont know what iwould do.
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 10:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2013