When did you move your child from crib/toddler bed to a twin?

MrsMorrell

Asked by MrsMorrell at 2:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2013 in General Parenting

• DD was about 14 months when she went from crib to twin bed. The frame however could be moved almost on the floor so it was actually no higher then what a toddler bed was. We just used a bunkie board on it instead of box springs. She was climbing out of her crib and I figured it was more dangerous to leave her in it then to move her to a bed.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• We never had a toddler bed. We had to get a crib tent because our daughter wouldn't stay in a bed, but she also wouldn't stay in the crib. She kept diving out on her head. She didn't like the landing much, but the freedom was worth it. I thought she was going to break her little neck. So we got the mesh tent, and she slept in her crib til she was nearly three, then went right to a twin bed with the wall on one side and a rail on the other. We got rid of the rail when she asked us to, which was when she was about four and a half.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Both of mine were right about 18 months old.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• First son went to a twin bed at 2.5 years; second son did when he was 19 months because he started climbing out of the crib. The 3.5 year old I take care of is still in his crib.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 2:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• DD was moved from her toddler bed to her twin bed two summers ago when she was 5-1/2.

We totally redid her room by buying her all new furniture and painting rainbows and flowers and adding butterfly decals all over her walls. Put so much work into it that I told her she was stuck with that room until she is at least 10!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Mine went Tom crib to twin bed around 2.

Answer by missanc at 2:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• About 2 or so when they got too big for their cribs. We went straight from a crib to a twin bed.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 2:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• When they grew out of the crib.

Answer by louise2 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• He was 18 months.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I was like 5 when I got a twin bed. My son is only 6 months so thats why I answered for mr :)
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2013