What does everyone think about direct sales parties like Scentsy, Thirty-one, and wildtree???

I have been thinking about selling one of these companies products but don't know what people really think of them. I like them all but do people not like these types of direct sales parties?
Anyone have advice on any of the three companies and how they are doing with them and if they would encourage or discourage others from selling. And also how much time does it really take ??
Thanks

ReneeLRS

Asked by ReneeLRS at 2:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Money & Work

• I have to be honest, I dread being invited to those kinds of parties b/c I know it's solely for me to feel guilted into having to buy something.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Yea, I wouldn't want to go to one either.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I personally hate them. I have separated myself from friends because they keep inviting me to these stupid parties. I love the fun that some of these parties are, but I hate that I always feel obligated to buy something.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I hate those things. I don't go to them anymore.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I have been before and liked the games and fun times but felt bad cause I never was interested in the items or thought they were over priced for my budget.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Avon, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, those stupid baskets - hate them all. Even if the sales pressure isn't overt, because it's hosted by a "friend", you always feel obligated to buy.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I like to go to them but I have found that it does not fit my personality very well. I am not good at this type of sales.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I've been to a Pampered Chef party, and I alsohave a friend who sells Discovery Toys and Tastefully Simple food products. I think most of the items are overpriced, especially Pampered Chef. I bought this stone baking pan because I was told it was the greatest thing ever, and I've never used it once.

If you mean hosting them, I'd be a flop at it, but some people do well. I think you have to be really extroverted and believe strongly in what you're selling. I tried to sell Prepaid Legal, brifly, and I was a dud.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I buy scentsy but I don't do parties. My husband is in the Army and every other miitary wife is selling one of these types of things so I don't think it is realy worth it when everyone sells it and has parties. Just too much comptition here. I would check and see how many reps and sellers are in your area first before you commit to one.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I personally don't like the parties. There's the obligation factor, and most stuff is overpriced.

The one party I enjoyed was an adult toy one, but that was mainly because I don't normally see the products in regular stores.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2013