Why is it so hard to get a freaking background check on people now-a-days?

Every site I've tried requires like a $30 membership and I just need to find out information on one person. Is there anyone here who can do it for free?

uwmilf

Asked by uwmilf at 6:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Technology

• If you feel the need to check up on someone's background for your safety, it seems to me that $30 is a worthy investment
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• True.
    uwmilf

Comment by uwmilf (original poster) at 6:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• If you feel the need to do a background check, I'd reconsider whether you want that person in your life anyway. lol

Truthfully, though, no place is going to do it for free. You *might* be able to check with your local sheriff's or police department and find out if they can do it for you cheaper.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• How bad do you think this person's background is?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I don't know why, but the idea that anyone in the whole world can plunk down $30 and find out all my personal information (credit history/score, etc) creeps me the hell out.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Prissy, can they really find ALL that out for 30 bucks? Good gravy I hope not!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I think so.

"A Background Check includes, when available, a criminal background check, marriage/divorce records, lawsuits, liens, bankruptcies, property records, an address search, phone numbers, relatives & neighbors, all matching people search results, and more. Background Checks are a confidential way to get the information you want instantly!"

there IS a disclaimer that says you can't use the information to deny someone credit.....legally
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Try beenverified.com. They are having a free trial period offer, and then you can cancel before you have to start paying.

Answer by missanc at 7:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• i agree with daylily
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• As someone said, Been Verified does offer a good free trial. this video shows what its like.  

FYI a credit card is still necessary but its safe, and your searches are safe too. 

gray187

Answer by gray187 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 4, 2013