My package says it was delivered - but it wasn't!

I ordered a $123 item off of ebay. It was sent via USPS. The item tracking status says it was delivered on 2/19, but it wasn't! Usually if the tracking says it's delivered, then the ebay seller won't do anything about it. I feel as though USPS it to blame b/c obviously they put it in the wrong mailbox...I live in an apt complex, so I know I'm pretty much f*cked here!

What would you do? I'm not sure if anything can be done. I've already contacted the seller to see if they would be nice & refund me or send me another item, but idk. I know that I will have to deal with USPS next - I feel like they should give reimburse me or something. The day it was supposed to be delivered, I saw the postman filling the boxes. I got one piece of mail in there - I thought it was mail from the day before & he wasn't done yet. I should've asked him for my package, but I didn't want to bother him. RAWR!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Shopping

• Go to the post office. They might be holding it for you there.
    After a few attempts they will return it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:31 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I'd deal with your apartment. Put a sign saying it's missing or delivered to the wrong apt. Go back to USPS and see if they can do anything. it'll probably show up on your doorstep in a day or so.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Contact the post office and find out what your options are. Was the package insured? Once, some UPS guy delivered my Amazon order to the wrong house, and it showed up as delivered, but it wasn't delivered here. Amazon filed a claim with the insurance, I was refunded, and I placed the order again. The usps is more difficult to deal with, but they probably deal with stuff like this from time to time, especially in places where there are community mailboxes.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• what time is it where you are? it might be on the mail truck and hasnt gotten to you yet, or maybe weather kept it from getting delivered but its still on the truck. Def try to track it down through your apartment first. It might be in a neighbors box and they havent checked their mailyet to see the mistake. over the holiday the post man dropped something off at our door (we were out of state) thankfully our neighbor brought it in out of the snow and brought it over when we got home.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• USPS doesn't owe you jack unless you paid the sender to insure the package (or the sender threw insurance in). Call your postmaster.
    Anonymous

• Hate to tell you this but a few people where arrested for stealing peoples packages That is why I use UPS .
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• If the package did not fit in the box, they usually send a card that its being held at the post office.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I never got a card. And they usually leave a note & take it to my office. Package insurance wasn't available/offered, so I couldn't get that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:42 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• call the post office,if you paid by paypal(which I usually do) you can dispute the order and maybe get a refund....you may be out of luck dear.
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 1:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2013