Heartburn help me please

its 6am i have been dealing with this for a hour, i have not slept i am really tired. So is my boyfriend. I have been drinking water.... please send help..... please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can have tums, when i was pregnant i lived by the smooth dissolve kind. to help you can try to eat lots of small relatively bland meals. when your stomache gets completely empty you are more likely to experience heartburn and obviously spicy foods can cause it too. water always made my heartburn worse but sometimes slowly sipping coke would help
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If you have it often, you can take zantac, too. I also lived off tums while pg with the twins. What helped more was to eat small meals more often. Milk also helped.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Tums!!!! That is what I took when I was preggers. It will help a lot
    MommytoBe987

Answer by MommytoBe987 at 8:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i ate the rolaids soft chews... I don't do well with hard medicine but that stuff worked really well
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 8:54 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Tums doesnt work for me. Drinking water only makes it worse for me also. I take a couple of swigs of Mylanta and I am good to go. I cant live without that stuff while Im pregnant.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• milk helped me good luck
    mommy033

Answer by mommy033 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Avoid chocolate and caffeine after around 7 at night because they both will relax the muscle at the top of your stomach that keeps things where they should be. another trick is to sleep on two pillows, make sure one is kind of under your shoulders so you don't end up with a crick in your neck. If it is really keeping you up try Gaviscon: it is an over the counter antacid that foams in your stomach and creates a barrier. I take it about half an hour before bed time and it does wonders. If you really want to go hardcore: prop the head of your bed up about three inches. Also, just avoiding eating about 2-3 hours before you go to bed can really help, cut down on acidic stuff like oranges, etc. Good luck :) Sorry if to much info, I've had acid reflux my whole life lol so i can feel your pain!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I agree with some of the others. Tums is a good cure for me. I have heartburn all the time. The extra calcium in tums is very helpful for you baby. The smoothie tums are not bad at all.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had it so bad with my first pregnancy , I would throw up every night. It was awful. Try tums. That worked for me sometimes. Our baby had the most hair the nurses had ever seen . He needed a haircut when he was born! So maybe the old tales are true and your baby will have lots of hair!!
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 2:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2009