What should I take to feel better?

Absolutely everyone around me has Strep and after feeling like crap all day my BF forced me to go to the Dr. They did a strep and a flu test, both were negative. I have a low grade fever and a sore throat I am also achy and COLD. Because both tests were negative the Dr sent me home with a "you have a viral infection and it will take 7-10 days to feel better and you will feel worse before you feel better" which I took to mean "you have a viral infection get over it".

What can I do to feel better? Rest is not an option...I am a mom, my SO has been sick both with strep and kidney stones.

MChildressDem

Asked by MChildressDem at 8:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Health

• pain reliever of your choice (tylenol or motrin), probiotics and LOTS of fluids. I've been down with some form of crud for close to a week. I drink nearly 2 gallons of fluids a day. The unfortunate side effect is that I am always running to go pee. The upside is that I feel that I could be a lot sicker than I am.

Feel better!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• You have to rest when you can. There is nothing your doctor can do to speed the process for a viral infection so, rest, fluids, and more rest when you can
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 8:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• There is nothing that will get you better faster, you can only treat your symptoms... take whatever you would normally for the symptoms you are having!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I usually take two odorless garlic caps 3 to 4 times throughout the day along with a cold and flu tincture from the health store. I think its by Jamieson. If you have some pure Himalayan salts (they are pink), boil some water and put these in the water and then tent yourself. The salts have a healing effect. I usually do this process until my symptoms subside.

vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 9:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Drink lots of tea with honey and rest when you can. Feel Better.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Sambucol is a elderberry syrup that help boost your immune system. I swear by it. 2tsp every 4 hours until you feel better. Gargle warm salt water OR warm water with a few drops of clove oil. Drink enough water to float away. Avoid sugar, bread and ALL dairy.
    And rest when you can.
    daylily888

Answer by daylily888 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Hot tea with lemon and honey, and a shot of whiskey if you can do it, might warm you up and soothe your throat.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• vitamin C!!!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• pain reliever for the aches and sleep.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Chinese hot soup
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 21, 2013