What is your experience with direct selling (Scentsy/thirty-one/etc)??

I asked a question about this earlier but I don't think I worded it right.

I'm interested in selling scentsy or thirty-one gifts. I have been reading people's reviews on their thoughts of direct sales parties and the general concinsus is people dread being invited to the parties. I've only ever been to two and enjoyed them and ordered products I wanted and liked and have had no issues with them.

I'm interested in how much time it really takes. I'm a sahm 3yrs and 8m. Although I'm very busy with them and a husband in the military I am still interested in some direct sales company. I haven't really talked to my husband about since he isn't really gungho on stuff
I was looking into direct sales for a few reasons- to help with my self confidence, earn a little cash ( totally aware that this is no way to earn a ton of money for us), meet more people/work on my people skills.

I'd like to hear of others experience with companies like scentsy and thirty-one, good and bad. How supportive of their comsultants are they, hidden parts of the company that would have changed your minds. Do you think these companies are still going strong or going to start dying down?

Thanks in advance for your answers

ReneeLRS

Asked by ReneeLRS at 9:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Money & Work

• Utried 3 different companies and lost ofbarely broke even with each.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I am also a director with scentsy. Message me. I'll tell you everything you need to know!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I tried SMC and the market was already saturated with their stuff, found out I'm not good at sales.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I've done a lot of party plans in the past. I always enjoyed it when I lived around my family and friends. Being where I am now, I would never be able to make a go of it. What I mean by that is, if you have friends and family who are willing to help you, i.e., hosting parties for you, or getting the word out to friends, you really can make a living from party plans.

The only thing you can do is give it your best try.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Direct sales can be AMAZING!!! It is all what you put into it. Some people dont do well, and well, it is probably one of 2 reasons....one being that they don't have their heart and soul into it, and two....sometimes its the product. Making your own work schedule and being your own boss is priceless!!! What other "job" can you give yourself a raise?? Need more money?...book a party or a catalog party. It really can be that simple. I have been with Tastefully Simple for almost 6 years and when I started, I NEVER thought I would be where I am today. I just joined for "fun". Today, I am a top achiever in the company, have been on numerous free trips and have an amazing team of 128 men/women all over the US and we truly are a FAMILY :) Go with your gut, do some research and talk to your potential sponsor....making a personal connection is huge when you are trusting someone to help you succeed. Good luck in whatever you pursue!!
    joinTStoday

Answer by joinTStoday at 10:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Years ago I tried Avon. This was over 20 years ago,I found that I am not a sales rep. I did not mind going door to door passing out booklets but I never got an order. I was living with my grandparents at the time so hosting a party was out of the question. I also find many home party products to be expensive. I also think the same group of people get tired of coming to parties(from what I heard from a friend,she has a friend trying to be a Tupperwear rep)

RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 2:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I am with Scentsy. I love it. I have done direct sales before and failed at them. I have had so much fun with Scentsy. My favorite part is my kids helping me. They help me label my products and catalog. They love to help me make samples. I love it! I have met so many people and made some new friends. I would love to help you and answer any questions that you have. You can message me here or tabithah2os@gmail.com
    tabithah2os

Answer by tabithah2os at 1:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I have an AMAZING home business!! I would love to share info with you!! You can ask me ANYTHING!! I have been in this business for 6 years now and I love it!!
    Super Flexible!! SUPER FUN!! SUPER SUPORTIVE Directors and EVERYONE helps each other to be successful!!
    I make 50% on EVERYTHING PLUS I get a 50% discount!! ALL roducts are 100% gaurunteed!!!
    Message me TODAY for a SPECIAL Offer!!
    God Bless!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• In order to position yourself in the best place to make the most money, consider these three things when deciding which company to join. #1) Are they Global (or just here in the U.S.)? #2) Does the product cater to BOTH sexes (or just one)? #3) Is the product highly consumable? (Do you use it everyday). If you can answer yes to all three questions, you have a chance to make the MOST money! I am not with either company you listed, but am happy to share my opportunity with you if you would like to hear it. Best of luck!
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 10:13 AM on Mar. 7, 2013

• I used to sell Scentsy. At least people will love it and reorder. I personally love Scentsy but didnt make as much as I do with my business now.

List of work at home opportunities I recommend: http://themodernarmywife.blogspot.com/2012/01/work-at-home-opportunities.html
    XOXOArmyWife

Answer by XOXOArmyWife at 4:16 PM on Mar. 15, 2013