Last time you just needed your Mommy?

I am having a bit of a rough go at it.
I finally had enough and messaged Mom, we needed to have a sit down.

She was like "sure sweetie, meet me here at this time and we can chat".
The woman drove 45 mins! Gawd, I love my mom.
The first question out of her mouth was, "Is the teen pregnant"?
No
The next question, "Are you two breaking up"?
Well, the teen isn't pregnant :)

She then sat there and listened to me unload without judgement or attitude for over an hour.

It was AWESOME. Just what I needed.

Because to add insult to injury, everything I have been going through, my dear GF who I have been talking about for the past few weeks-
Came to town and then left. I saw her for a total of 10 minutes. The plans she and I had been making for over three months to hang out boiled down to 10 minutes.

Ugh, I am getting to the burn put point and turns out the one person I could really count on was my mommy :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Relationships

• my mom is the closest thing i have to a girl friend (all my actual GF live far far away and i hate talking on the phone). we live about 10 mins from each other so i get to see her a least twice a week. i cant talk about anything with her, it would be so awkward. BUT she's a great listener & sounding board. i dont know where id be without my mommy! :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• i am 34 and need my mommy quite often as well my mom totally does the non judgemental listening too, I hope with all I have my son will want his mommy forever too - so far at 5 I am the center of his world, he is going to marry me and build a house next to mine when he gets big so I dont miss him so much,,,, calls me his girl and tells me all the time how beautiful I am
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I've been pretty good about not wanting my mommy.
    I thought maybe after I had had surgery I'd want her, but DH was enough to comfort me. :)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Today I needed her because I just feel sick and it was awesome just to talk to her. She rocks!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• Sadly it's been a very long time. Whenever I've just needed my mom she'd always find a way to make it either supercritical or all about her. Sad but true.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• good lord anon, there HAD to be more signs before having a child with senior douche bag ,,,, ish - you should start asking your parents FIRST what they think of your next partner and TRUST thier judgement
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• When I was a single mom raising three boys, my mom was awesome at coming to stay with us if I was sick, or just needed a break from doing it all myself. Shed di the whole grandma baking cookies, homemade bread, spoiling the grandkids thing. Get my house super clean, and just hang out with me. Its sad that shes too old for that now
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I need my mommy about as much as I need a hot curling iron stuck up my ass. I've missed having a mommy, but mine is toxic.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• I really didn't want to put this burden on her. Matter of fact, I don't ever tell her any bad things about my partners until I am on my way out the door because I don't want her to look at them like they are douchebags while I try and figure things out.

Thing is, her and Dad are always like, we were wondering how long it was going to take you to kick them to the curb because we realized it a long time ago.

And then in their most perfect and loving way they simply ask me, "What can we do to help".

Yeah, I am feeling a little maudlin
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• PGA, lol-
    One partner, after I had hand surgery, couldn't figure out why I couldn't do dishes. I literally had to get a Rx say, "No dishes".

Hell, I came home after 48 hours in hospital for a baby and this wanted to know what time dinner would be ready. Hence the reason for me reaching a breaking point *sigh

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2013