What could be wrong?

My 3 year old DS has been running a fever for a 3rd night in a row. Weird thing is, its only appears in the evening till morning then he doesn't have a single fever again till the next evening.
He does say he's throat hurts and hasn't ate very much besides cold foods that are soft. I believe ear infection is ruled out, he has tubes and usually fluid would come out plus he hasn't complained his ears have been hurting. I've look at his tonsils and those look normal, hard to see the throat.

So what do you think ladies? When do you think I should bring him in?
Fever reducer helps keep the fever away. Hand foot and mouth was at his daycare but that was a week ago and he hasn't shown any signs of that.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 10:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2013 in Kids' Health

• It sounds like a touch of the flu. Granddaughter kind of had the same thing. She had the aches and pains, coughing, and such, but the fever was pretty much only in the evenings.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• If the fever isn't high, I'd just ride it out especially if he's responding to meds. Although I must say, it sounds like the flu but it's probably a virus and he should be better soon.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2013

• hard to say, my son when he gets strep, gets a mild fever SLIGHT body rash, i mean slight and NO Sore throat or red throat.. but he won't eat and will have that off and on fever..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 21, 2013