How old where you children when you placed them in day care.. any hesitations

im so use to seeing my kids even now that im enrolling them in daycare even for an hr or two im kida nervous i know

Dani3lla

Asked by Dani3lla at 1:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I placed my daughter in preschool two mornings a week, four hours each time, when she was three and a half. I did it because she's an only child--her brother and sister are 17 and 21--and I wanted her to be around other kids. Sending her was harder on me than it was on her, by far. It's been great for her because she's done activities like going to a pizza restaurant and making her own pizza, working in a community garden, making a clay tile handprint, that I couldn't have offered her at home. Plus, she's learned key social skills like sharing, taking turns, waiting in line, and following directions. Now she's in pe-k, two mornings a week and four afternoons.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• My daughters were 10 months old when I put them in the local creche.

The first day we stayed for half an hour together. The next day for an hour. The next day they asked me to leave for half an hour, etc. Building up over a week to me leaving them for a couple of hours. As from the following week they were there from 8 am to 4 pm. It was one of the best things I could have done for them. They made lots of friends and had tons of funin the time they were there (they moved on to pre-school at around 3)!

I should mention that the creche only had 15 children at the time, full staff, their own cook ... people were fighting for places there (and I'm not surprised). Nearly ten years later we still have a special relationship with some of the staff members :)
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 4:44 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I put my daughter into preschool at 3 1/2 for 2 days a week.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• All 5 of mine have started preschool at 2 for 2 days/week, 4 hours/day. And then we gradually increased the days until they went to kindergarten at 5. The first few days are hard, but after that it's great. I knew they were having a wonderful time, playing with other kids and toys and learning how to get along. It gave me a few hours to get any deep cleaning or errands done so I could spend the afternoon playing with them.

Answer by missanc at 8:49 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• my DD was 3 and DS was 2. I was upset, I didn't want to send them to daycare but I had to start working.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• my DDis 3 And DS is 2 im just real nervous im not use to being away from them for more then 30 minutes .....
    Dani3lla

Comment by Dani3lla (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• DD went into daycare when she was 8 months old. But only part-time. Daycare would get her either morning or afternoon and DH's parents would take her when daycare didn't have her. It worked out quite well for the 5 months she needed somewhere to go until I quit my job to be a SAHM.

I hated both putting her in daycare and even leaving her with the IL's. DD, however, was fine with it and was completely fine...except for the fact that her nose ran from the day she started daycare until the day she left.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:36 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• 7 months. Yes but I didn't have much of a choice because I needed to go back to work fulltime.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I placed my oldest daughter in daycare at 1 1/2, when she was able to tell me when someone was "bad" today This world is do sick and people are crazy. If you do take your child to the daycare, if you can, do random drop in's without the child seeing you, that's what I did for a while until I felt comfortable 110 percent
    IHeArTZoEy

Answer by IHeArTZoEy at 3:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• my daughters put my grandsons in when they were 3. the second to the last one was in daycare wen he was a baby. my daughter went to a school that had a daycare while she was in school.
    carolina54

Answer by carolina54 at 2:46 AM on Mar. 8, 2013