Keurig Coffee Makers ... Are they worth it?

I drink about 2 cups of coffee a day. Same for my hubby. We are both rather particular in the way we like our coffee. All the powdered creamer and sugar go into the cup prior to pouring the coffee. 

Here's the thing, I like trying different coffees but he doesn't. Colombian only for him. I also like some hot chocolate once in a while but it's a PIA to redo the entire coffee maker for just one cup of HC.

So I am wondering ladies, is it worth spending $130 to get one? 

coffee

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 7:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I really like the convenience of mine, having a single hot fresh cup of coffee when I want it. The cups are a bit pricey, though, an the machines occasionally fail. The comany does stand behind the failed machines and will send you another; but we've had three in the last five years. I guess it depends on how much coffee you drink, but I find a lot less gets wasted because I don't makehalf a pot when I only want a cup or two.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I love my keurig. I had my doubts about it but I wouldn't ditch it now. I only use my brewer when we have company
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• My mom has one, and she loves it. I use it now and then for hot chocolate, and the very rare cup of tea, and although it takes about the same amount of time as the microwave, it does sometimes seem to blend better.

I would say, especially if you don't typically drink an entire pot of coffee, it's worth the money.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I don't have one, but my sister does. She lives alone and love her Keurig. I think you can get one for around $100 if you watch the sales. I've seen them at Kohl's for that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• It wouldn't make sense for us, b/c we drink a lot of coffee. It's not for people who need a pot at a time, not just a cup. :p I used flavored creamer, so it's all good. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I'm a heavy coffee drinker, and my Kurigs gave out after a year or so. I still think they're worth it. I've tried being without one for the last six months and I miss it.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• i think they are great! i love mine...just like you, i enjoy trying new coffees or having hot chocolate or even hot tea. its great for that rushed morning when you can only have one cup so you don't waste an entire pot or like my BF who only drinks coffee once in a while. and i love the idea of no filters or coffee grinds to clean up....you should invest :)
    newmom1978

Answer by newmom1978 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I just bought one today. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I would like one.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• LOVE mine! My 16 yr old son loves it to make tea and hot chocolate. You can buy a filter that you can fill with your own coffee (and it's reusable).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2013