Does anyone has a healthy premature baby that fails to gain weight for moths

Please let me know if you do. My daughter was born at 32 weeks alb 1 oz and not is 6 months corrected and weighs 11lb 6 oz. She has not gained weight for 4 months and that was when she took her synagis (RSV) shoot. She rolls side to side, front and back , smiles all the times , loves toys , loves people and is generally a very happy kid. She is on Neocate and I just started solids . She did not gain in Neocate but German doctors fail to change her saying that her vomiting was due to milk intolerance. I breastfed her for 5 months and they had me quit . Her vomit started right after RSV shot. Please please let me know if you had to deal with this issue . She has been screened for everything and all her tests are good. I can't loose another child . Thank you in advanve for any given response

NoHope7817

Asked by NoHope7817 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• Maybe try and test her for a milk intolerance or acid reflux. Good luck honey!
    Im-HiDdEn

Answer by Im-HiDdEn at 9:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Yes my twins were premature, 31 weeks.  My daughter was receiving steroid injections for a hemangioma under her eye lid ( long story), but the shots made her vomit terribly.  She could not hold food down.  She got so thin very fast.  At 4 months old she had no fat on her, and her skin was literally handing off her arms because she had lost all the muscle.    Stopping the shots is what helped her. 

I

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• would call a neonate specialist that you haven't seen and get a second opinion. Try different formulas. Soy or rice thickened formulas . Also giving her very small but frequent drinks from the bottle cam help. Maybe sitting her up more or laying her back moore while eating will help her. Even if the RSV shot triggered this reaction these alternatives might help.

I really feel for you because doctors really don't know how to help and you have to figure this out on your own.

RyansMom001

• No GI issues no illness of any kind. We tested her for everything in the book . My parents told me that I had stopped growing and did not gain a single pound for 5 months and then was tallest and gained weight just find( at 9 months) . I'm just so puzzled
    NoHope7817

Comment by NoHope7817 (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• My dd wasn't a preemie (birth weight 7 lbs 7 oz),but she didn't gain weight for months. She was 14 lbs at a year, she's tiny but healthy.

Answer by missanc at 10:55 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Does your daughter look and act health?

My kids really didn't gain weight like other kids. Even now the doctor is always after me about having them gain more, but they eat whatever they want. Like I said my DD was a preemie and she weighed 17 pounds at 18 months old. she was under 30 pounds in kindergarten and now at 13 years is about 70-75 lbs.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• she does seem healthy and happy .
    NoHope7817

Comment by NoHope7817 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I wouldn't worry too much than. I know you said your from Germany. Here in America we have a product called Pediasure, I'm not sure if it's sold in Germany or something similar. However it's added nutrition and calories for kids. It's expensive but I've given to my kids when their weight wouldn't go up from time to time. My 13 year old son is on protein shakes for kids for weight gain. My kids are just skinny, but I know they won't have the same problem when their 30 so I don't loss sleep over it.   I just try to give them things with extra calories so they gain some weight. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2013