sick son

m son has a horrible cough all night and day,i tried giving him tylonol for cold and cough triaminic long actiong cough and delsym which is suppose to be amazing and well none of this is working keep in mind this is what hes had over the last 2 days not all at once.LOL!!i dont get it.anyone hadf any good experiance with a good med?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Health

• I like pediacare long acting cough
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 7:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't think that cold meds help at all. I give my kids tylenol and motrin when they are sick. When DD was only a month old she had the worst cold. We were doing the cool mist humidifier and the hot one as well, to see whick worked best. She had been to the dr and her lungs were clear and she had no ear infections or anything else, just a horrible cold. On Christmas day we left the inlaws and headed to the emerg. as she was so stuffed up and could hardly breath through her nose. The er dr said to double up on the meds. She said to give her both motrin and tylenol. Giving the correct dose amount at the same time is fine. That's what we do now and it helps them deal with their symptoms as we wait it out.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• vick's vaporub on the chest and a cool mist humidifier in the bedroom with the door closed works wonders in our house
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009