This isn't a question. I just wanted to share this to brag on my sweet,loving husband,and what a good daddy he is

Our son has been having issues with reflux,chest and stomach pain,and anemia that refused to go away despite taking large amounts of iron supplements.
We had to go to Children's Hospital of Milwaukee Wednesday and Thursday. My poor little guy had to have blood drawn 5 times,an IV,a major nasty GI clean out,and an NG tube shoved down his throat. They took him in for his endoscopy and colonoscopy yesterday morning. We were in the room waiting for them to take him in,and I glance over,and tears are streaming down my DH's face. That got me going. We went down to the cafeteria to get some food,and i started bawling at the table. We were SOOO scared about what the scans were going to find. They stuck us in this consult room,and we sat there for 20 minutes freaking out. The doc came in and shows us the pics of his scans. He has a hiatal hernia in his stomach (the sphincter that closes up the bottom of the esophagus into the stomach is loose,so acid and food sloshing back up his throat) and he has several esophageal ulcers. :(
He's on a med to coat the throat so the ulcers can heal,and Prilosec for the acid production.
I have only seen my husband cry 2 times before in the 14 years we've been married. When our daughter died,and at the birth of our son. Seeing him cry broke my heart in 2. I also fell in love with him all over again. :)

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Relationships

• Oh my. This has me crying now. Thank goodness the little one is on the way to being healed up. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 9:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Hug him and your little guy. Glad you have each other and your DS is on the mend. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Gah. You should have posted a warning. So sweet.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• hugs for you

giving dad heart for husband/dad

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• hugs

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Oh my, you guys have sure been through a lot! More than anyone should have to endure.  The fact that you face these terrible problems together & allow it to strengthen your relationship says a lot.  Give that man a hug & thank him again for being your husband & your children's father.  And give that little guy a hug too.  I'm glad you finally know what's wrong with him & hope he gets better quick! *Hugs*

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• That is so sweet. Good job, daddy... and mama too! Just FYI, my middle son had that same problem (basically) and had to have a nissenfundoplication.... it's a surgical procedure that wraps a portion of the stomach around the esophogus to form a sphincter. It made a world of difference for him!!! Good luck to your little guy... I hope the medication is enough for him but if its not, the surgery is a miracle!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I hope your LO gets better really soon!
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Very sweet.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Hugs & best wishes to you all!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:48 AM on Feb. 22, 2013