how do I get my 2 week old son back to sleep after his first feeding at night?

djsmommy129

Asked by djsmommy129 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't wake him for feedings. Babies wake up when hungry. This advice is only if he is not a preemie or ill. Rub his face gently and rock him. Babies this age usually will go back to sleep if they are satisfied. If you aren't giving him enough food it may be the reason he isn't going back to sleep. Don't say feed on a schedule and give only a certain amount. From my many experiences, you feed a child according to each child. You eat when you are hungry and not on a schedule. I know you didn't mention a schedule. In case you are doing that I wanted to answer your question as best as possible. Good luck on you rnew baby!
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 8:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• if a baby has reached his birth weight he doesnt need to be woken up to be fed.. this is the time to start getting him to sleep... and thus you will get sleep.. he might wake up at 2 or 3 or 4 and be hungry... then feed him, but as a rule when a baby re reaches their birth weight, you dont need to wake them, they wake you...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• well first thing i can tell you is do not turn on the tv or lights. i leave my utility light on and sit in the living room to feed her. after she eats and i burp her i rock her for a little while then i go lay her down. hope this helps
    Anonymous

• After my daughter eats in the middle of the night I make sure she burps then I wrap he in her miracle blanket (if u don't have one of these I highly recommend it) and rock her back to sleep. Also when u get up just be quiet and keep the lights off and tv off or turned down really low. Hope this helps!
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009