Do you know anything about gout?

I am pretty sure my DH has it. He has a Dr.'s appointment Monday. Have any of your DH/SO/Relatives had it?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Health

• My ex husband has it. The best thing he can do is get a can of sour black cherries and eat them. Somehow, t heals him right up. He always keeps a few cans in the cupboard in case of emegencies.

Hewas told there's something called purine (sp?) that's in a lot of processed foods like gravy mixes, so he stays away frm it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• It's caused by too much uric acid in the body, and it has crystallized in the joints and that is what causes the pain. It was believed that my husband had it at one time, and there is a test for it. It can be aggravated by the eating of certain foods, but I can't remember right now what they all were. You can probably google it and find out.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• It a build up of lactic acid. He needs to stay away from processed foods, meat and alcohol. He should buy some PURE black cherry juice and drink lots of it until he is healed.

vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 1:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Yes, you can find them at a regular grocey store. Usually with the pie fillings or the canned fruit, but get the plain cherries and not the pie filling, which has a ton and a half of sugar added.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Mushrooms are known to aggravate gout. Avoid those.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• black beans put me on crutches

cherries do help
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Do they sell sour black cherries canned at a regular grocery store? Thanks!!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 1:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Thanks so much!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2013