Have you ever reached out to a potential employer on linked in? If so, did you get the job? Do you think this is too stalkerish?

hatagaj

Asked by hatagaj at 1:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Money & Work

• I was only on Linked In very briefly before I started my business at home, but isn't that what the site is for, to reach out to potential employers and network with colleagues? What do you have to lose?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• That's a big part of the purpose of the site.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I've never done it, but I was always under the impression that that was the whole purpose of the site: to help people find possible new employers.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• If you have the skills you will get the job. We are at the top 10 that need the skills I offered .
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Well I believe that's part of it. I applied for the job on the company website. Then I found the information for the hiring manager and the HR director on linkedin and sent them both "inmail" letting them know that I had applied for the job already and what some of my job related skills are. I know you are supposed to reach out to people, but this is my first time and I'm just wondering how seriously they take it and if anyone has had any success with it.
    hatagaj

Comment by hatagaj (original poster) at 2:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2013