Does your school send an entire school directory home?

I got one yesterday. It includes the entire school. Names, phone numbers, email addresses, addresses, Parents names. I already got one for just the class but do you think it's necessary to send everyone all the kids in the schools info? My Son was not in it as well as a few other kids in his class BTW. I don't know why. They emailed me today & asked if I would like him added, I did not respond yet. Opinions??

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:11 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I've been asked if we wanted to be part of a class list before and I've always opted out. If I want someone to have our number I'll give it to them. If not then they don't need it.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 2:14 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• No... but I wish they did. We can't get any of that info about anyone and it would be so helpful if we could!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• On the first day of school a form is sent with the rest of the paperwork for parents to sign up to be in or opt out of the directory. I always sign up for it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• no they dont, and i think thats kinda creepy. i would not want my info on it. i understand having a class list and giving the school or teacher the info, but theres no reason to have the entire school's info for just anyone to see.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• We don't get one but they send a mass e-mail so that you could easily find one. Our school has a policy that you can only send out party invites in the actual school if all the kids in the class are invited so they don't give out the directory but will provide that info to parents if asked.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• In all the schools I have had kids or grandkids, if they have a directory, everyone is in it. They send out a form for you to fill out at the beginning of the year with the info you would like in the directory or an opt out. You also put in how many directories you would like to have (up to two) If you opt out you are not allowed to buy the directory.

I have been with schools that have none and some that do classroom only.
    Yes I think whole school is a good idea. My kids like kids in different classes and different grades. I also liked different adults and worked on various committees. Until DGS we did not have cell phones and ipods etc an information got lost. The directory was there to be used to make connections with people in the school.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Yes and I love it! Especially as the kids age, they may want to invite friends that are now in a different class and may have moved/changed phone numbers. You can opt out, but if another student wants to get in touch with my kids, I think that's great!

Answer by missanc at 4:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• No. I would hate that. Would love one of DD's entire grade though separating them in classes.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 5:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2013