What is your favorite zoo in the US? Why?

MrsMorrell

Asked by MrsMorrell at 2:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

• The Safari Park in Escondido, CA. The animals have tons of acreage and natural barriers, so they aren't stuck in little enclosures. It's the closest thing to a natural environment an animal in captivity can have. I love going there! They also have Lorikeet Landing, where you feed a whole bunch of gorgeous birds and they land all over you. My youngest son could spend all day in there if we let him.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• San Diego zoo & columbus zoo
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 2:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Bronx Zoo. Love it! We are members & go regularly.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Any and All!
    I really like Bear Country USA in South Dakota. You drive through parts of it, through elk, deer, wolves and the black bear pen. Then you park and go in and see the babies. Right next to it is Reptile Gardens where my son got to pet a baby alligator.
    I also like the Cheyenne Mountain Zo here in Colorado Springs CO, you get to feed the girraffes, it's so cool.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• its been years since ive been there but i loved the Houston Zoo as a kid. i remember it having a train that went around the zoo and it was just an exciting place. the OKC zoo is pretty good for a smaller zoo. they've put a lot of money into it over the past 10 years and it really shows...like with the glass walls instead of fences so you can see the animals better.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• The Bronx Zoo.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• The best one I have been too so far was the Omaha zoo. I love their aquarium.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 2:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Bronx Zoo is awesome but we luckily have a small zoo called Beardsley Zoo that is fun too.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• We have an awesome new elephant exhibit at the Denver Zoo. It includes a processing plant that makes all the poop and trash at the zoo into pellets, which are then burned to create electricity. I also like the Penguinarium at the Detroit Zoo.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I like the National Zoo in DC cause its close to home.
    Also liked the zoo in cape May NJ
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2013