Any ideas what this rash is on my one year old??

Well it first started on her back, or was tiny red bumps and oval shaped blotches of red, I put a&d ointment on it and most of the redness cleared up. But now she has still some light redness and a bunch of little bumps.it has spread to her side and stomach but mostly on the back. She has not been sick, no fever, no diarrhea, it doesn't seem to itch or be uncomfortable. Really no idea what it could be! I called the doc and made the appointment but wondering from moms on here! Thank you!

Cannedus

Asked by Cannedus at 2:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be from the laundry Detergent, lotion or baby wash. Google Contact Dermatitis for photos. My Son got it from Burts Bees Baby Wash after just one bath with it. I got it from Fab Laundry Detergent. It goes away by itself if that's what your baby has.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I feel like it is an allergic reaction to something but haven't found any pictures on Google that match. The rash isn't dry and has no blisters, so in really not sure!!
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Are the red spots flat? Are they shiny? My first thought would be Roseola.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Roseola is measle-like and usually follows an extremely high fever. My son had that when he was one. This sounds more like hives. Have you introduced anything new? Clothing, soaps, detergents, foods, anything?
    Anonymous

• I changed detergents a few weeks ago, could the allergy take a while to appear? I was thinking it could be peaches because she had been reading a lot but there is no rash around the mouth or diaper area. I also was wondering that if it was infact detergent wouldn't the rash also be on her arms and legs??
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• There are very tiny little bumps but some red spots are flat but not shiny.
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• At first it looked exactly like hives all over her back, but after the ointment it changed into a blotchy red rash with a bunch of tiny tiny bumps.
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Roseola usually follows a fever, but not always. Both of my kids had it without a fever and without any discomfort, and because of the location and description, you might want to google images of it. If it was hives or an allergy to a detergent, I would think it should feel irritated. Benadryl or a cream for that would help to clear it up if it is some sort of allergy.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• How do you treat roseola??
    Cannedus

Comment by Cannedus (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• You don't. It goes away on its own. If it's an allergy though, you can treat that.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2013