Molar Pregnancy, How long did it take hcg levels to drop?

I was just treated for a Molar pregnancy and was told my hcg levels have to go back down below zero in order to be out of a major danger zone. So I am curious if anyone else has had this and if so how long did it take your levels to go down? I was 13w3d and hcg was at 349,000.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Health

• How is a molar pregnancy treated?
    •Most molar pregnancies will spontaneously end and the expelled tissue will appear grape-like.
    •Molar pregnancies are removed by suction curettage, dilation and evacuation (D & C), or sometimes through medication. General anesthetic is normally used during these procedures.
    •Approximately 90% of women who have a mole removed require no further treatment.
    •Follow-up procedures that monitor the hCG levels can occur monthly for six months or as your physician prescribes.
    •Follow-up is done to ensure that the mole has been removed completely. Traces of the mole can begin to grow again and may possess a cancerous-type threat to other parts of the body.
    •Pregnancy should be avoided for one year after a molar pregnancy.
    •Any birth control method is acceptable with the exception of an intrauterine device.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Thank you, i believe i have already had these steps..... so as my question states: "So I am curious if anyone else has had this and if so how long did it take your levels to go down?".... I am curious on how long it will take my levels to decrease. I have already had a D&C. But thank you for your time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2013