I have decided to homeschool my 11yr old daughter.....

We have been living here in Florida for the past 6 months. It has been quite the adjustment for me and my 2 daughters. My youngest is attending middle school and has made poor choices in her actions and friends. In the past month she has been suspended from school for cutting class, 3 times. She is failing her classes does not listen to the teachers and has become a liar. I love her dearly, I know living in a new state is hard because everything and everyone she ones is not around. I've had to leave work because of her behavior. But I really feel that right its the only option to get her focused and away from the friends she's made.

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 7:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I am pleased to read there is another family thinking about home-educating. I'm a veteran. It's not always easy and you'll need support, but it is certainly worth it.
    Check into your state's laws and do a ton of research before you just jump into it. I sure do hope you'll find the nitch that works for her. There are several great Homeschool groups here on Cafemom. Hope to see you in one of them soon, or just come and hangout and get the feel for it.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2013