A gift to order for DS?

I order a lot of items online. Most of the time it's stuff from ebay or supplements, skin care, etc. My 4yo DS gets all excited about the packages & he loves getting mail. However, most of the things are not for him. I usually let him pick out a treat at the store. This kid has everything! And his Nana spoils him rotten. He has books, LeapPad2, clothes, tiny treasures, art supplies, etc. I have no idea what to get this kid! I want to order something special for him, but I don't know what. I was thinking of a subscription to a kiddy magazine so that he'll get something in the mail every month. Any suggestions?

paige8608

Asked by paige8608 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Shopping

• My stepson loved Highlights as a kid. I like Jack and Jill and Ranger Rick. There's also Zoobooks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Ranger Rick or Highlights or Thomas the train magazine if he is into trains.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• My kids and grandkids loved/love getting magazines in the mail! Cricket is another good one too in addition to the ones already mentioned. And if you have a senior (or any age) relative who loves wrting letters you might ask them to write to your son and be a pen pal. He could respond with colorings, etc. But make sure he does respond.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 10:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I forgot about Highlights! I got those and Puzzlemania when I was a kid. And American Girl magazines/books. My mom was great about always ordering those for me and other magazines. I'm almost in tears, remembering the enjoyment I got from those as a kid. I love the idea! Thanks for the suggestions, all!!
    paige8608

Comment by paige8608 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2013