Things that scared you as a kid

I remember seeing "Children of the Corn" when I was a kid. It was on VHS, so probably about 6 months after it was released. My dad & step mom never edited my TV/movies viewing or the music I listened to. I saw plenty of R rated movies as a kid. But, that scared the hell out of me. To this day, I will not go in corn fields, especially at night & the name Malachi is the creepiest name on the planet to me.

So what scared you?

3libras

Asked by 3libras at 8:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in Just for Fun

• We lived in a house that use to be part of a plantation. Only a small portion of the house was actually from the 1800's. The rest had been added on later. My bedroom was one of the oldest parts of the house. My bedroom was also right below the attic and I constantly heard footsteps. My dad even checked in the attic but never found anything other than a race ticket that had "whites only" on it. I saw a "ghost" (an older black man) outside of my bedroom once and he was mumbling something to himself about killing. There were many other strange and unexplained things that happened. So, as a child, I was very afraid of the dark and of my bedroom!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:59 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• We has a soft water conditioner that would run it's cycle at night right under my room. It made the most horrific noise. It always scared the crap out of me.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 8:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Basement stairs, I always thought someone was going to grab me because of the people under the stairs movie.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• My dad's snoring. Hearing it from the other room sounding like someone rustling a plastic bag and I used to think it was a burglar getting ready to come in and put it over my head and kidnap me. I had anxiety issues lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Tornadoes and watching the news
    When I was 6,we had a really big one come through,and we were down in the basement for hours. Every time the sky clouded up,my sister would tease me and tell me a tornado was coming,and it scared the shit out of me. I was afraid that if i saw the news,they'd say a tornado was coming,so I avoided hearing it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I could not sleep with the closet door open. Still can't.

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• The damn Siamese cats next door. They yowled outside my window at night, and I thought the devil was calling for me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• Sleeping with my head not covered by blankets because I was worried vampires,snakes or spiders were going to get me.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

• I was a kid when Jaws came out. Then we had the Exorcist, American Werewolf in London, Nightmare on Elm Street, & Alien. I can't tell you how long I slept with the light on & I even refused to swim at night, in a pool!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2013