Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Severe adult diper rash any over the counter meds,or home treatment

Answer Question

Asked by Oliver929 at 9:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2013 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • Absolutely!

    Answer by m-avi at 9:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

  • It happened a lot while I was pregnant my OB told me to use baby diaper rash cream, use a hair dryer on cool/low setting and be panty less as much as possible or wear boxer shorts while home.But sometimes you do need to get a script. Feel better :)

    Answer by liss05 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

  • I forgot to add use the hairdryer on low/cool after showers to make sure it the crotch area is properly dry.

    Answer by liss05 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

  • are you sure its diaper rash and not a yeast infection

    Answer by feralxat at 9:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

  • Not fun! Burt's Bees diaper cream works wonders and doesn't sting like Desatin. GL

    Answer by tessiedawg at 9:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

  • make a paste out of Aquaphor and Maalox. Just buy some Aquaphor ointment and some liquid Maalox. Squirt a little of each into a small Tupperware container. Stir well. Keep adding Maalox (or Aquaphor) until you get a paste type consistency

    Answer by Crafty26 at 9:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

  • Aquaphor. Lotrimin AF (the stuff for Athletes Foot), Bordeaux Butt Paste.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

  • Are you an adult baby?

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2013

  • I'd see a doctor to make sure you are treating the correct thing. It may be more than you think it is and require prescription strength meds.

    Answer by admckenzie at 3:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

  • i agree see a dr first

    Answer by san78 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.