Look out for the moose!

I just saw on the Discovery Channel show "Yukon" that a large moose can weigh up to 1500 pounds and charge at speeds up to 35 MPH. More people are injured by moose every year than by any other mammal. Be careful out there tonight ...

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• We have a pear tree at the farm. We also have a rather irritating neighbor. The pears fall on the ground and get too suishy to use or are too buggy to use. I quite enjoy tossing them over to his cows who know the smell and seem to know that I bring goodies. They also get quite drunk on the pears. I findit hilarious. My neighbor not so much.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I am sorry Ballad but all I could think of when I read the first line is BULLWINKLE!
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Thanks for the reminder!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2013

• It was a dark, windy and rainy night when Per Johansson returned from work to his home in Saro just south of Gothenburg, Sweden.

"It was raining really bad. In the wind I heard something screaming with a very dark voice," Johansson told CNN. "At first I wondered if it was the crazy neighbors, but then I heard it again and went and checked. I saw something really big up in a tree in my neighbors' yard and it was a moose. It must have been drunk after eating fermented apples and as it was reaching out for more fruit it must have slipped and fallen into the tree."

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I see this sign everytime I drive the Maine turnpike... Love Moose!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• "We got the alarm at 9.59 p.m. on September 6 that a moose was stuck in a tree," said Anders Gardhagen, spokesman at the Gothenburg Fire and Rescue Services. "When we arrived we used the winch to bend down the apple tree so the moose could get himself out of the tree. Once free, the moose collapsed on the ground and fell asleep. So we let him sleep it off and went back home" Gardhagen told CNN. "Moose are attracted by the apple trees, and in the autumn when the apples have fallen off the trees we normally have at least one of these cases of intoxication. These apples, which ferment in their bellies, aren't part of their natural food, so they can get quite angry from this drunkenness," Gardhagen said. Johansson's son, Gustav, who is about to turn 11, made sure to take lots of pictures of the ordeal. "He is saving up to buy a PlayStation so he thought he would take pictures that he could sell," Johansson said.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Thought you said mouse Their for a minute. LOL.

Answer by louise2 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2013