When did your baby move from stage 1 food to stage 2 food?

beck_9808

Asked by beck_9808 at 9:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We never did stage 1. The only difference is the size of the jar and it was more cost effective to do stage 2 jars splitting them between two meals.

We started at 4 months...almost 5.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Actually the difference is that stage 2 is strained and not pureed so it is thicker and some have gritty pulpy bits in them. I would say try it and see if your baby gags on it around 7 or 8 months?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Then they changed it in the last two years, because when I was last using it there as no difference in the consistency of the two.

Stage 3 is thicker and has chunks (and is a waste of money according to our pediatrician)

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Oh...and (again according to our pediatrician) at 7-8 months they can start eating table foods.

Check with your pediatrician for what's best for YOUR baby.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I skipped stage one food because my dd didn't like how runny it was. The stage two is a bit thicker, but not much. I started her on baby food at almost five months. I can't picture a baby gagging or choking on stage two food, there is no chunks in it so I would go for it.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I didn't do stage 1 either. I agree - they are only a tiny bit thinner and cost more.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• We kept with the stage 1 fruits for a while because we likes how pureed they were so we could mix rice cereal in with it. But we moved to the stage 2 veggies at about 5 months because it is more cost effective.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i started him on stage two at 5 months 3 weeks.. he was sitting up by then, he's 7 months now, and he will probably be in stage two for a while.. i just bought him some little gerber puffs.. not quite sure he's ready for those.. i make all of his other foods... i dont puree them anymore.. i just blend them to a thick consistancy.. he's a great eater...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• We never did stage 1. When I first got the food, I didn't know about the stages and didnt even look at them, so I picked up stage 2 by accident. My dd gobbled them right up, no matter the size. That was at 4 months old.
    Fanta-Mommy

Answer by Fanta-Mommy at 12:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I did one jar of stage 1 and then switched because my dr said there is no difference.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2009