Where is the best warm place to live that's relatively natural disaster-free?

I am seriously thinking of a place to move to that has nice weather (70s-80s) and no tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes or tropical storms. Does it exist?

hellokittykat

Asked by hellokittykat at 10:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• That's pretty much here, San Diego, CA. Worst we get here is brush fires but they don't happen very often and when they do they're up in the mountains, they don't affect the city.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I don't think there is any place on this Earth that is natural disaster free.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2013

• ^agreed. every place comes with it's faults/flaws. its just a natural law of our planet.

i will say though, that i'm in Florida, and the area i live hasn't had any devastating hurricanes/trop. storms in years. the heat can be too much sometimes though, and ill admit while i am looking forward to summer, i am not looking forward to the sweltering heat.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Hawaii has the least natural disasters of any of the 50 states (I don't know if they count volcanoes). I live in Nevada, where all we really worry about is a water shortage and heat. It's warm, but it's probably warmer than you are wanting to deal with. At least I don't ever have to hear a tornado siren again though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I doubt a place like that exists. If you don't have hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, or snow, you'll likely have severe heat and drought.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• It's Hawaii. There is no "disaster free" area on the planet, but statistically they have less than any other state.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• But we pay A LOT for it.
    maecntpntz219

• I grew up in San Diego, and we had a few minor earthquakes, and some places on the east side had brush fires. The weather is ALWAYS nice. Not too hot, not too cold, no snow. Haven't been back since 1990, but I don't think things have changed that much.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I'm going by THIS list.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• not sure there is such a place
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2013