Does anyone know if some platform bed frames can support a mattress AND boxspring?

I want to update our guest room (queen bed) with a more modern look and hope to find a platform bed frame. All I see online are those that show a mattress only and I wonder if they can support the weight of a boxspring too.  Have any of you seen one that is made to include a boxspring?  Thanks for any help.

silverthreads

Asked by silverthreads at 12:50 PM on Feb. 23, 2013 in Home & Garden

• If it's the kind where the mattress is just on the platform, then no. I mean, I suppose you could, but it would make the bed high and it would look stupid. If you're looking for a more modern frame, what about something that goes to the floor and has the box spring set down into the wood? That's what I bought, mostly because I hate the look of dust ruffles and wanted something that went to the floor. This is mine:

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• They can support the weight of a box spring the whole thing about a platform is that you don't need the box spring to support the mattress, but if you wanted extra height or already have a box spring then go ahead and use it.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• That is exactly the look I want, Julie, without the headboard.
    silverthreads

Comment by silverthreads (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• OK.......so I get it now.....look for the kind where the boxspring sets down into the boxy bottom. Thanks for straightening me out ladies!
    silverthreads

Comment by silverthreads (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2013