Have you had it

Have any of you ladies gotten your gallbladder taken out after pregnancy? i;m getting my taken out march 5th, i'm so nervous!

firsttimemom733

Asked by firsttimemom733 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2013 in Health

• I did! I had gallbladder issues during my whole first pregnancy. I had it removed when my Son was 10 months old. It was the best thing I did. I didn't know how good I could feel until it was gone. Apparently I must have had ongoing pain for a while that I thought was gas until I got pregnant & it got really bad. GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• yeah i was always getting this sharp pain, and i kept going to the drs they would tell my it was heartburn. but i went to the er a week ago and said i have a bunch of gallstones, and i have to get my gallbladder out, i seriously can not wait to get it taken out!
    firsttimemom733

Comment by firsttimemom733 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I had my gallbladder out two and a half months after I gave birth. It was the best thing I ever did. Who knew a little organ the size of a grape could cause so much trouble? I would get pains that literally dropped me to the floor, way worse than anything I experienced in childbirth. The operation was easy. Just four little incisions for the scope and tools. It was outpatient, I went in early in the morning and was home by noon. It was on a Friday, and by Sunday I was pretty much back to myself, or as much as the mom of a young baby can be. I did find it helpful to have a family member watch my baby the first night and a friend the second, so I could sleep off the anesthetic, which made me ill. But get that pesky thing out, you'll be so glad you did!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• My mom had here taken out a number of years ago. She always says if she had it to do over she would change her diet rather than have her gall bladder removed. She has had all kinds of digestive troubles since then. I would make sure I researched it thoroughly including side effects

Answer by missanc at 2:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• What are the symptoms of gallbladder issues?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• My sister did. She said it was a very simple surgery with a small incision nowadays. Any surgery can be stressful but it should be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• oh i have to stay overnight in the hospital,! and staciandababy, its just this horrible pain! worse then labor pain i think!
    firsttimemom733

Comment by firsttimemom733 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2013