I was thinking about taking the yucky stuff that you put on their nails to keep them from biting them around the edge of her nose. She is 3 and has a horrible habit of putting her fingers in her nose then her mouth. I thought it might taste terrible and break her habit. Do you think that would be ok? Do you think it might work?

I was kinda worried that it might irritate her nose. But I was just going to dab it around the edge NOT inside.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Health

• I've never thought about putting something on my kids noses. If she picks and licks then why not just put it on her fingers?
    My kids pick n lick. Grosses me out and I tell them that they shouldn't eat their boogers. I also tell them that if they need to pick their noses then to wipe it on a kleenex. You can't really stop them but you can teach them a better way of going about it.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• that stuff is like nail polish. you can't put it on her nose. put it on her nails. it'll still taste nasty. if you really want to put something on her nose, use vicks vapo rub. as gross as it is, it's pretty normal they pick their noses and eat their boogies. just keep the tissues handy. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 11:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• it worked for my DH and his nailbiting...that is ONE thing I can't stand is nailbiting...yuk!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:52 PM on Feb. 15, 2009