Why is it so creepy?

There is no question of is it or isn't it, it definitely is, but why?

(and to clear it up, of COURSE this is a special fx technique, it's one I use all the time.  I weep for the future of humanity that so many people are proudly screaming "FAKE" in the comments, because that means they're dumb enough to think the person who posted it was seriously suggesting it was real)

Asked by NotPanicking at 5:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, mouth where the eye should be is just creepy as hell!

Answer by kmath at 5:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Eyeballs inside the mouth where eyes should be was the worst part

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Yeah, very true. Reminds me of Beetlejuice a little. LOL

Answer by kmath at 5:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• It looks pretty cool to me.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• My kids came over & got freaked out so, I did not see all of it. I'm guessing it's simply because it's "unnatural". We are exposed to only 1 mouth so, 3 seems bizarre. And, the tongue part, I mean one wants to think about tongues near eye balls. And, now as I type this, my 3 yr old is running around screaming "scary".

Answer by 3libras at 6:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I don't think it's creepy- just dumb...

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• OMG @ the comments. Oy Vey! *rubs forehead*

I didn't find it creepy just strangely cool. Great editing.

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 7:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• ick...I don't like it.

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Reasons people find it creepy.
    1) We are not accustomed to seeing 3 mouths or mouths for eyes. OBVIOUSLY. I mean this is the ultimate "duh" reason.
    2) There is more for our thoughts to process. Our eyes pick up millions of little signlas we may otherwise ignore from dilation of pupils to a twitch in the corner of a there's 3 mouths and just as many teutches, muscle movements, signals, etc all which our brain is forced through ahbit to try to interpret. This data conflicts with that which we are normally exposed to and can cause confusion in our brains and thereby feelings of displeasure. (whether "scared" or anger, or just plain a That's f'ed up" response)

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I didn't think it was all that creepy. The only part that I found a little "creepy" was the eyeballs in the extra mouths part. Good diting though.

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2013