Bridal Shower

I'm my mothers maid of honor in her wedding. And i guess i'm suppose to throw a bridal shower. I'm thinking about not so much of a shower, but more of a get together because i have no job the only extra money i'm gonna have to get a few things will be my income tax. I was thiking about tell the girls to bring a food dish or something with them. But where do i even start? what things would i need? do i need to get prizes? help!! lol even a website would be ok! Thanks for any help1!!

DanielleStover1

Asked by DanielleStover1 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I am in the middle of planning a Bridal Shower for my sister. I would start off with a guest list and invitations and gather everyone's addresses. If the Shower is further away go to a party store and start to price out all the items you will be needing as far as decorations, plates,utensils etc. Then make a list of the food you will be serving. If money is a problem, I would start to buy things little at a time instead all at once so that way your not breaking the bank..Figure out how many games you want to play at the shower and for example if your playing 3 games, get 3 little prizes either from the dollar store or even Big Lots has really nice things that are not expensive. Good Luck!

MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Maybe you could have a fun, party planning party...Get a few girlfriends together for a pot-luck of sorts only, instead of bringing food, everyone can bring decorations, door prizes etc. Then you can decorate and set the party up together. This can be a fun way to make the party nice and spread out the cost. Pick a theme first so that everything coordinates. With everyone contributing ideas it should be a great party. You can still ask the guests that did not participate in the planning to bring a pot-luck dish to the party too.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009