Mothers day out??

We are looking into programs for our son who will be 14 months next fall.....do you think that 3days/weeks is too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• At 14 months? Those who need to put their child in daycare aside....if there is no need for it, yes I think that is too much for a 14 month old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I think it depends on what you are comfortable wuth and what you think you toddler willbe able to handle. I know mine would not be able to do that.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• A lot depends on how well your child separates from you. How long the program is each day. When I put my grandkids in MDO it was Tues. and Thurs. 9-2. My g/d was 3 and she was great with it. My g/s was 18 months and it took him a long time to get used to it. The two days for me just made life easier. One day was grocery store, errands etc. the other day waas MINE. Visit w/ friend, hair appts stuff like that. MDO really hel;ped them get ready for the M thru F of preschool. Ours was at our church so they already knew most of the ladies working there. Take your cues from you child. 14 months seems really young to me, and 3 days a weeek seems like a lot
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't do it at 14 mos (unless you have to in order to work, etc) because of the separation anxiety. It comes and goes alot the first few years (several phases of it as they become more aware of people, places, etc.). I for sure wouldn't do 3, may not even do 2, but if 1 (or2) would be good enough for you to run errands, cook meals ahead, etc, & give you more time to spend with him w/o distractions on the other days/evenings, then it could be a good deal. We started ours at 22 months (just recently) and it's been great for me to get things done, but I wanted to wait until he was older. I personally wanted to get past the biting/hitting stage (him doing it, or him getting bit/hit from someone else), and for him to be able to understand what they are requiring of him. He is a very active boy, has exhausted every inch of our home learning/playing and it was time to move on. I love it now, wouldn't have done it any sooner :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 1:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I have to work for a living and I put my 15 month old in daycare. She loves her teachers and she's very well adjusted. I wonder what you could possibly need to do 3 days a week without your child? I get a sitter about once a month. Many people think that isn't enough, once a week might be better. 3 times a week? That just sounds like alot, I couldn't come up with enough things to do for 3 times a week! I don't think it'll hurt your child though.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• No, 14 mos is not too much..There are kids you are in daycare 5 days a week, 8 hours a day since they were babies and are fine. It would benefit him to get some socialization and be used to your absence.
    Anonymous