I blew my diet for this!

We went to IHOP, and I had the red velvet pancakes I've been drooling overevery time the commercial comes on. I can't believe I blew my diet for them! Dry as a popcorn fart, and the eggs were rubbery and the hashbrowns just laid there limp and greasy. I didn't eat more than a few bites of anything. My stepson got the chicken and waffles, but there was no gravy or anything, just waffle quarters and plain old chicken strips.

So what foods have you all been itching to try, and then you found they weren't what you had hoped for?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2013 in Food & Drink

• from Texas and I quest for biscuits and gravy worth the calories,.Most I eat a few bites and realize nope not even close to my grandmothers...so yummy.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Hubby had been talking about getting burgers from Five guys for a couple days- so Tuesday, we got it- I broke down and got some too (I am counting calories) and it was alright...but not nearly as great as I had hoped it was going to be.
    At least I know that net time he gets it- I will be fine with eating something here ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Carl's Jr's jalapeno turkey burger, only I got mine with a grilled chicken breast. It was so completely unspicy. Such a let down.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• I've been in the mood for some Tony Packo's hot dogs. They aren't your ordinary hot dogs. I'm so afraid to induldge, b/c since having my gall bladder out, a food like that is a No-No. :/
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Last weekend I went home for a visit. I've been craving a corn dog from the little stands they have in front of Walmart. The best corn dog and fresh lemonade on earth.

It was cold and greasy. I was so disappointed.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I went to Ruby Tuesday this past weekend for the first time in about a year. I was really wanting the Boston Blue burger but it wasn't on the menu anymore so I got my second pick, the mini burgers and salad bar. It was not nearly as good as it was before. I could have had a better burger and at the grill down the street from my house,
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:59 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Oh no! I hate when that happens.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• from Texas and I quest for biscuits and gravy worth the calories,.Most I eat a few bites and realize nope not even close to my grandmothers.

My ex made the best, most awesome, mouth-watering damn biscuits and gravy on the face of the earth. I don't eat it anymore because none I ever had could hold a light for his to see by.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 3:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I've been in the mood for some Tony Packo's hot dogs. They aren't your ordinary hot dogs. I'm so afraid to induldge, b/c since having my gall bladder out, a food like that is a No-No.

Oh, don't give in! Gallbladder attacks are the worst. Wait a month and then you'll be much more able to enjoy the hot dogs.

I had some Ballpark hot dogs a few weeks ago because the Hebrew Nationals I usually buy were almost six dollars. Yuck! Won't be doing that again! I'd rather go hot dog free.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2013