Does your significant other ever not want sex? adult content

I know men are usually seen as sex machines, but I also know that there are times they may not want to have sex. Have you experienced a time/times when your significant other does not want to have sex? If so, what was the reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2013 in Relationships

• No, he always wants sex. I'm the one who doesn't at times.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Yeah for about the last week, something about me hacking up a lung at night and mucus dripping from my nose during the day... I try not to take it personally.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Haha, Kristi. Yeah, I could imagine that's not your most attractive moment.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Nope. He's always ready,lol.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• Is it common for the sex to decrease after you move in together, or if he's out of work? I was told that his mentality about sex may be altered because he is in between jobs right now; as if to say his masculinity of being a provider is reduced. I don't know if that's common, but I feel bad for wanting sex 'all of the time', and he's rarely in the mood.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2013

• ^^^What you said is 100% true.^^
    Men have that whole hunter/gatherer mentality. When they are unable to fulfill that role it can cause major depression, which will lead to decreased sex drive.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Often. And not just because of his motorcycle accident in 2004, which completely killed sex for us. Prior to that:

Between jobs... no sex. Stressed out... no sex. Pissed off at my parents or his parents... no sex. Too tired from getting up hours before dawn to go to work... no sex. hurting from a long day skiing... no sex.

Out of work is the biggest drive killer; it's essentially a time to not even bother asking because not even the Dance of the Sevel Veils will attract any interest.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Only once in 8 years. He had worked almost 20 hours that day lol.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• My DH has never been very interested. We have been together for over 10 years and it's not uncommon to go well over a year between"encounters" One time it was over 2 years. It doesn't happen unless I initiate. Even on our honeymoon.  Lately, like gdiamante, he has an excuse. I don't know what the problem is. I have told him his lack of interest makes me feel unwanted and unattractive. He does have ED, but he has medication. But even that doesn't work usually.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2013