My 11week old has had a cold and dry cough for about 8-9 days what can I do to help her?

She has a bad stuffy nose which I try to put saline drops in and suction but it's still so stuffy even after that. She doesn't have a fever... The highest it's been was 99.1 f under her arm. Do I need to take her to dr? I know they probably can't give her anything. She also itches her nose a lot. Could it be allergies?

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After this many days I would def. be seeking my Pediatricians advice. 9 days is a long time even for a virus. I would make an appt.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2009

• call and make her an appt.. my son is older but his little cold lasted for was seemed like over a week.. the gross nose, then stuffy, then back to gross, then the cough, and now its over.. thankfully but they say that when babies under 3 months get colds or they are sick they need to see their doctors because this could lead to something further.... so make an appt. monday and tell them SHE HAS TO BE SEEN... dont let them give you the old we dont have any openings til tuesday, they can get her in, she's young enough
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• oh i almost forgot, we bought our son a cold mist humidifier... WOW it works wonders.. keeps his room all misty and moist so his nose doesnt get clogged as much... we got him the little frog one at target i think we paid 34 bucks,
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I agree with pp- doc and humidifier (we got the elephant :)). if you can't get a humidifier right now, simmer a big pot of water on the stove, your house will get really moist, but we notice immediate results with my ds. also, I think it's johnson's- but someone makes a mentholated bubble bath for babies,
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Is she sleeping at night and eating regularly? Hydrated? The only concern would be the breathing--that's what comes to my mind. Stuffed nose is okay but her breathing needs to be okay. I'd see the doc just to be sure.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If you keep him elevated it will help him breathe (if he is congested) Also like the other Moms said the Humidifer works great.
    Good luck hope he feels better=)
    Mrs.Smith84

Answer by Mrs.Smith84 at 1:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2009