Menstral Cups. Does anyone use them?

I've heard of two brands Instead that are not reusable and should be replaced every 12 hours can be used during intercourse. Divacup reuseable, lasts up tp a yr. Must be cleaned every 12 hours and replaced every 12 months.( Not sure about using during intercourse). Has anyone used them and what were your experiences good or bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Health

• They suck! They are soo gross. I tried them a few times, so did my friend. They are uncomfortable, and when you pull them out the pooled up blood spills everywhere. And better hope it doesn't slip sideways off your cervix when you are out and about or you've got a mess. I guess, I'm saying they didn't work for me!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• which one did you try? I've heard that the Diva cup can be quite uncomfortable an most people talk about trimming or cutting off the stem. And also I think that its more of a mess if your flow is heavy and you wait until 12 hours to change instead of every 3 or 4. Thats with the Diva cup. I don't know too much about Instead cups.
    Anonymous

• I tried both. They are very uncomfortable, I don't think I could stand to leave one in for twelve hours!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I liked the instead. I wouldn't have sex with one in unless it was brand new though. My flow has gotten too heavy to use it though. Sadly :(
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2009