Which group do you fall into?

Quoting from the article:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492405,00.html

Only about half correctly identified some snack bars containing peanut paste as part of the recall. Just a little more than third understood that some candy and prepackaged meals were involved, and only about a quarter identified some types of ice cream as a risk.

Fewer than 1 in 5 people have gone to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's online list of foods involved or sought other information about recalled products.

The survey also indicated extremes of concern and apathy: About 31 percent contacted friends or relatives to make sure they know about the recall, and about 15 percent stopped eating any foods containing peanuts. But 69 percent didn't contact loved ones, and 45 percent continued to eat all peanut-containing foods.

I am one of those that does not eat food containing peanuts right now, of any sort. Which are you?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am pretty much on the extreme end. I just stopped purchasing anything w/ peanut butter in it. That list of re calls was 33 pages long!! I would NEVER remember all of that so I amjust cutting it out completely. But then, I still don't eat that pre pkged lettuce either. lol
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• We go about our daily lives.... We don't eat anything that has been on the recall list anyways. The only thing that I made sure of was that DS's school no longer serves PB&J, which they pulled it. But we still eat pb&j sandwiches at home & make pb cookies. I check every week to see if something new was added to the list (which normaly there is) but each time it's still something we don't use. I have warned my sisters & Bff and we talk about the new items.
    3earthangels

Answer by 3earthangels at 1:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Oh I should have amended that to say that I do still use our Jif peanut butter because it for sure has not been recalled, but anything like peanut butter candy, meals with peanuts, peanuts themselves, etc I keep out of the house because they are still adding more to the recall list daily (especially since that plant in TX was shut down, they've added over 100 more items). My kids school does still serve Peanut butter and that is what kids get to eat when they don't have money on their lunch accounts, so you can bet I paid up my kids lunch accounts lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't eat it anymore.... i don't even really like peanut butter and hate peanuts so its not a big deal for me.. but i give it to my son... seeing as tho this is the second time this happen, we are not going near it.... i checked the list... and the crackers he has is not on it... but isnt it true that recalls are not mandated and its its up to the company? so what if they were "infected" and then didnt say anything and my son got sick? what is there to do?

whats wrong with pre packed lettuce?
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Last I heard about lettuce was this in 2006:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12536902/

Then there was the spinach thing and the tomatoes, so i definitely keep on top of any stories like that or recalls etc to keep my kids safe.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• we're still eating peanut butter, I checked the company's website. I've also checked the site for the makers of the fruit and nut bars we get, and the Trader Joe's website, since that's where we get most of our food.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 2:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• we are not eating anything on the recalled list. Jar peanut butter was reported to be fine but the school has stopped serving peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yes most schools are stopping serving the peanut butter becuae they get the industrial non-name-brands that may have been made in those plants. Good for them. But my sons school still gives it to the kids. I dont know if they are sure theirs is safe, i just told mine not to eat it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• The only thing we're eating is the jar of peanut butter that's been in our fridge for a few months...we don't eat it that often and it's not made by the Co involved in the recall - my kids are too young for school - but their dad has been instructed to not buy them ANY treats with any kind of peanuts or peanut butter flavor of any kind for the time being...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I've had my peanut butter for a while, and it's NOT on the recall list. I see no reason to waste food because some other company is having a recall.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009