I was married fr 36 years- then divorced. Lots of happy years - still friendly with ex. Wouldit be appropriate or my daughter to we'ar my wedding dress - or is it bad luck ?

ChocolateLady53

Asked by ChocolateLady53 at 6:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• If she wants to
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:17 AM on Mar. 6, 2013

• I think if she wants to she should, or if you can have some of it incorporated into a new dress, that would be nice as well.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 2:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I don't see why it wouldn't be appropriate, if she wants to wear it. There's no such thing as bad luck unless you make it yourself by believing it has power over you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• If she wants to wear it let her.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Let her wear it if you want but the real question is are you ready for all of the old emotions that this dress will bring back for you? If these emotions are going to prevent you and your daughter from enjoying her wedding then I would go with a different dress.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 10:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I think it would be a really great idea. Maybe if it has sleeves alter it into a strapless dress. Have you looked at the dress lately though, I just pulled mine out the other day & it was a little discolored. I've been married 20 years. Congrats for your Daughter BTW!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Say a blessing prayer for the dress, asking all of your deceased relations to infuse it with only positive energy. Then, light a candle/incense to clear any negativity. You could even doing a smudging of the house with the dress in the house. Smudging is a spiritual cleansing using the burning of dried sage. I think group prayers work the best though. It could become a fun family event.

http://incenseincense.hubpages.com/hub/smudging

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 8:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I don't see how it would be bad luck. You were happy when you got married.

You didn't wear it to your divorce, did you? Of course not.

No negative energies on the dress, only happy ones.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• What does she want to do?

Answer by louise2 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• oh i love your screen name!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2013