Absolutely terrible! Can't imagine why it happens

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,493248,00.html

What could they do to stop the snakes from getting into the garden center? There has to be something they can do. It's horrible that 3 people have reportedly been bitten in just a few years, and that though the man has medical issues still, that he continues to shop with wal-mart (even though he is suing them) because their prices are too good to shop elsewhere.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• An OUTDOOR garden center, in FLORIDA, has attracted snakes?! (sarcasm)

Seriously, this man is suing WALMART because a WILD SNAKE bit him while he was shopping in their outdoor garden center?

Gee, maybe I should sue LOWE'S and HOME DEPOT, because on numerous occasions I have been scared by bugs and creepy crawlies when doing my plant shopping and have been nearly attacked and pooped on by the birds that hang out in the rafters of their outdoor garden centers! LOL

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I used to live in the desert and we had a walmart and target and lowes and home depot and guess what? We had snakes, we had black widows and scorpions make their way into the garden centers at the store. It happens. Its happening because were building on the areas these snakes, insects and animals used to call home.

Answer by gemgem at 12:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Wasn't aware this was so common. I was born and raised in East Texas, and we spent a lot of time in the garden center at wal-mart (and other stores), and never saw snakes or scorpions in there. Spiders yes but we never even heard of there being a snake in the garden center. I guess I just wasn't aware that it was a common occurrence.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• lol I have copper heads and other types of snakes on parts of my property it's nature and expected.
    Anonymous

• I'm not surprised to hear about snakes on peoples property,etc. We had that in TX too, rattlers and grass snakes being the most common. But our outdoor garden center at walmart had a chain link enclosure (with roof) that was surrounded by some sort of material like a chicken wire or something that snakes could not get through if I remember correctly. That can't be too expensive to do I wouldn't think, I know it probably wouldn't solve the issue of any snakes or bugs getting in but it obviously helped.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• People sue Walmart and all the other stores for tripping over their own shoes. At least in this case something actually happened. People are too sue happy these days.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I agree with that! People are often too eager to sue if they think think they can get money from something.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009