Menstral Cups. Does anyone use them?

I've heard of two brands Instead that are not reusable and should be replaced every 12 hours can be used during intercourse. Divacup reuseable, lasts up tp a yr. Must be cleaned every two hours.( Not sure about using during intercourse). Has anyone used them and what were your experiences good or bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Ive heard of the divacup aswell, Id be curious to see how it works too!
    Miss.KelliAdams

Answer by Miss.KelliAdams at 12:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• *correctionDiva cup most be cleaned every 12hours.
    Anonymous

• I used the Instead for a while, but notice that it's past tense. I had ONE incident where the darned thing leaked badly and that was enough to put me off it. Also, removal was really really messy.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I'm using the Instead Cups, and I love them so far. Easy insertion and removal (I've read the Diva Cup is a little more complicated). I thought I would start with the disposables to see how I liked the cups before I spend a ton of money on the Diva Cup. So far, one box of the Insteads has lasted me two periods, and I still have enough for one or two more!

With any cup, you're going to get your hands dirty, so it's not a good idea to get them if you're squeamish. I expected removal to be messy, especially at first - so I time my removals to take place with my showers. It's a breeze. At this point, I would still hesitate to remove them in a public restroom, but if I had to, I could handle it..
    Anonymous

• I liked them. I can't use them anymore because as I've gotten older my flow has increased exponentially and I don't want a mess! I think they're pretty good choices. I never liked tampons, it always felt like a piece of cotton was shoved up my vagina! (I wonder why?) lol. Pads are like diapers and you have to worry about what you wear so they won't show. The brand I used was INSTEAD I believe.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I'd not heard of cups until a few years ago. Unfortunately I lose too heavily to try them.
    Anonymous

• I've been using the Instead cups for years. I personally don't like the idea of the reusable ones, but I love the disposable Insteads. They're comfortable and they don't leak.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I have used the Instead cups, they are interesting. Never had an accident with them, easy to insert, can't feel them, but wow the removal is erm...yucky lol

I can't use tampons I am allergic to the little sting and have a bad reaction to it so at those times I need to use a tampon (swimming, tight fitting pants etc, thongs etc) I use the cups...
    wyldreams

Answer by wyldreams at 9:20 PM on Feb. 15, 2009