Can I have some ideas on how to decorate a cake to be judged for boy scouts, it has to be on the theme"Abc's of america" any suggestions?

It will be judged on creativity and or scout spirit , or on the theme, I was kind of going with the theme since I am not a big fancy cake baker. ... I did a american flag cake once with blueberries for the stars and strawberries for the stripes but not sure abc's of america. could use any ideas that anyone can think of !! thanks

miss372

Asked by miss372 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you can go to www.cakecentral.com and register and once you do then do a search for whatever kind of cake you are looking for. People post pictures and recipes and something instructions on how to do it. Or you can pick up a Wiltons book at Michaels or AC Moore and get some ideas. You can also get a cake pan perhaps that goes with the theme. There are many ideas.

Answer by gemgem at 12:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Don't know about the "ABC's of America", but what about a Strawberry Shortcake decorated with white icing, red strawberries, and a few blueberries thrown in? The cake itself is delicious!

Good luck, I would love to see what you come up with!
    Mylovngheart

Answer by Mylovngheart at 1:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Hmmmm.... apple pie, baseball... cub scouts?
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 8:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• You could decorate a sheet cake and pipe the map of the US on the cake and add a saying like "Scouts from sea to sea." We took the prize for "Most Beautiful: every year in scouts. Fun.
    tomatoqueen

Answer by tomatoqueen at 1:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2009