I had back surgery on 8th Feb 2013. I have been taking it fairly easy as per instructions. Now 2 weeks or so on, I ought to be doing more. Could I now be back on the housework?

Floss138

Asked by Floss138 at 8:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2013 in Health

• What did your doctor say? I doubt you can do much. When My back went out. and I could not stand for very long. I use to wheel around in a computer chair. Cooked and cleaned the best I could sitting down.  I doubt you could vacum or do laundy or bend a lot.

Answer by louise2 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Be careful not to undo what the surgery tried to fix. A friend of mine did that by getting too active too soon. Contact your doctor or rehab therapist for instructions.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• It is good to stay busy, as long as you're not over-doing anything and feeling pain when you move. But, call your doctor just to make sure if you have questions. You need to keep your muscles strong by doing something.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2013