Is 4yrs old too young for a Broadway show?

I promised my daughter way before Annie was on broadway that we would go and she will be 4 in March and I want to take her to see the show but not sure if she is just too young . It is a limited engagement for Annie and not sure when the next time they will have it on broadway.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 10:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• I might wait or do something at a state theatre like someone suggested because it is so much money. This show is very much over priced.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I saw Sandy Duncan in Peter Pan at age 4, loved it and sitll remember it. I really think it depends on the child. When I was little the experience of getting dressed up, being in a fancy old theatre and going out to a little cafe for pastries after was just as impressive. Tickets are not cheap these days so you do run the risk of the cranky day where you have to leave at intermission or the 5 potty breaks during the good parts but in my mind it is worth a shot.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I think it would be too long. but really it depends on your child.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Are there any local theater groups who may plan to do Annie anytime soon? She might love the show and be able to sit through it, but at her age I don't think she would really understand or appreciate the difference between a local college performance (or outdoor theater at the park kind of thing) vs. a show that's more expensive and fancy.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• she sits through movies at a regular movie threatre and at home and she has seen the movie so she knows the story line and she has memorized the songs so he knows the songs also. no problem with her sitting still but not sure exactly if this experience would be too much for her. She probably will love it and be so happy . It really is just the traveling and cost. Wish it was little less. they are really milking it with the cost.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• We are taking my granddaughter she will be 5 in April.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 2:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• its a long time to sit still
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• If she can sit quietly and not bother the audience members around her, who also paid good money to see the show, why not? Whether she'll really enjoy the show and follow the story is another matter. But it does have cute music, so she might.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I think it depends on the kid. DS at 4 would have LOVED it. DD at 4 would love it but she would need a break or two outside of regular intermission. So if you decide to go I would aim for an upper level end seat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• How long can she sit quietly? and will she?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2013