Is 4yrs old too young for a Broadway show?

I promised my daughter way before Annie was on broadway that we would go and she will be 4 in March and I want to take her to see the show but not sure if she is just too young . It is a limited engagement for Annie and not sure when the next time they will have it on broadway.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 10:25 AM on Feb. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• yes. They're several hours long

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Yeah, I think that's too young. I was taken to see it around 8, I believe.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• It depends on the kid. If you think she can sit through the whole thing and that she would actually like it, then I see no problem with taking her.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Actually, we took my nieces to see Beauty and the Beast whey they were about 4 and 6 and they both did well. We took them to a matinee. But, they had seen the movie and were completely fascinated to see it 'live'. Keep in mind, they DO have an intermission where she can stretch her legs.

Now, I wouldn't take my almost 4 year old son, he is way too active, but you know your child best. If you think she would be able to sit and not disturb others then do it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• well, that is what I thought but she has a very good attention span and has seen the movie quite a bit and has seen live shows before. however, it is alot of money to be going into the city for her to get tired and not want to see the whole show. I think I will wait. I was six the first time and I hope we get another opportunity because it was my first broadway show and I wanted it to be her first also.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Depends on if she can sit still for 2 to 3 hours?

Answer by louise2 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I think she would love it but it's alot of money to go and to get into the city ect. I don't live as close as I use to and now I have to spend quite a bit for a maybe. I will think about .
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• If it is that expensive, I would hold off another year or two so you can be sure she will get the most enjoyment out of it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• How long can she sit quietly? and will she?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I think it depends on the kid. DS at 4 would have LOVED it. DD at 4 would love it but she would need a break or two outside of regular intermission. So if you decide to go I would aim for an upper level end seat.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2013