how can i make sure i have an orgasm when i give birth?

i heard someone on here say they did that, i want to make sure im drug free and hopefully have an orgasm.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did not realize this was even possible!
    Anonymous

• Mostly, stay out of the hospital, maybe have a homebirth midwife, or have an unnassisted birth.
    As a woman is confident in birth and in herself, she has full trust in surrender. If she is TOALLY comfortable enough then it might happen. (But it can not be forced.)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:04 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't think it's the same as a sexual one, but similar. It's like your body and mind are just overwhelmed with the sensations and hormones. Natural birth is wonderful, but I didn't have an O.
    Anonymous

• Its kinda just weird to associate having an orgasm with giving birth to a child? But maybe I'm just not weird?
    Anonymous

• i found a video on that a while back called orgasmic birth it was so crazy up until then i didnt even know it was possible but it is. try looking orgasmic birth up and maybe you'll find out how those women did it. good luck
    NAVA_MAMA

Answer by NAVA_MAMA at 2:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Orgasm during birth? I've heard of it but I think it's either bullshit or that those gals are into some kind of kinky that I'm not down with. For real. Good luck with that.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• At first I thought it seemed kinda kooky, but It's understandable to have an orgasm. Maybe not in the last few moments of giving birth, but during the first stages of labor, yeah. All the same places are being stimulated. Though I bet you probably have to be one of those girls who likes some pain during sex.

I dunno. If someone thinks they can have an orgasm during birth, and don't think it's weird , then they can have one. It's psychological. If you think it's weird, then you more than likely would never have one.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Read "Orgasmic Birth"... and look on Laura Shanley's website "unassistedchildbirth.org" :)

Every woman's body will respond differently to labor. The same hormones are produced during sex and labor, so it is very possible that birth will be pleasurable, even orgasmic. Ignore all the ignorant responses about you being perverted. People are just asinine lol. it's remarkably amusing how little women know about giving birth!

Back to the point. The key is to stay in a setting that you are comfortable with, usually out of a hospital. You can't let yourself go in a hospital and it's very hard to enjoy birth when strangers pop in and out of the room to check on you, you know?

I say read what you can on natural birth! :) Birth is how YOU make it! If you don't believe you need to feel pain, then you wont feel pain, because pain is all relative to mindset!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• http://www.artofbirth.com/dissertation.html
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Surprise, Surprise......Anonymous post. This just sounds gross to me.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2009