Trying to conceive

I was due to ovulate the 21 st... I had unprotected sex on the 20th N 21st.. Five days later I have sore tingling nipples... Today I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I'm so anxious to have another baby. I had no complications with my first pregnancy. Should I wait to test again? I hate when the first of the month is approaching with the what if I'm not. It's hard. Please don't be harsh :-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2013 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, you need to wait until after you miss your next period before the urine test will detect a pregnancy.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• How can it be 5 days later? Today is the 24th. If you had sex the 20th and 21st you're at 3 days later, 4 max......You need to chill the fudge out and wait until your period is due and see if it's late and THEN test. Psychotically obsessing about it isn't going to help you conceive.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Yep, wait at least until you are supposed to have your period. If it still comes up negative I would wait a week after that and test again. Good luck!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• The sore tingling nipples can be a sign of an impending period, too.

The EARLIEST a test will tell you anything is ten days post ovulation. So no more tests until March 3 at the earliest. Save your money.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I know it's incredibly hard to wait, but you need to try and relax for two more weeks or so and then test again if you miss a period. Seriously, you can talk your body into symptoms that aren't actually there because you're so anxious to find them. I did that many times in the eight years I struggled with fertility problems.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I'm with Kristi on this one- don't reproduce until you can count.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2013